An official army family and MWR Site

Recreational Lodging

  • slide
  • slide

Rec Lodging is operating with a contactless customer experience to protect the health and safety of all parties.

Linens will be available at an additional charge, or customers may bring their own.  Housekeeping services will not be provided during stays.  Deep cleaning and sanitization will take place between stays.

WiFi devices are available on a first-come, first-served basis for a nightly fee.

Fort Walker recreational lodging offers three types of accommodations to meet your needs:

Our cabins, cottages and motel-style rooms offer the perfect getaway location.  Nestled in the woods, individuals can enjoy scenic lakeside views with all the modern kitchen and bathroom conveniences.  These facilities attract outdoor and nature enthusiasts from all over the region.

Offered in Rental Facilities: All rental facilities have DirecTV, A/C, heat, silverware, cooking utensils, pots and pans, microwave oven, toaster, and coffee maker.  Buildings 174, 208, 254, 290, 292, 293, 294 and 1331 are the only facilities that have a washer and dryer.  

What to Bring: All linens: sheets, pillows, pillow cases, blankets, towels, bath mat, kitchen towels and cloths.  Food, condiments, coffee filters, coffee, creamer, sugar, salt and pepper, dish soap, nonstick cooking spray, paper towels, body wash/soap, laundry soap, insect repellent, board games and/or cards.

Rec Lodging and Outdoor Rec are located in the same facility.  You are able to receive your lodging keys and rental equipment all in one location!


Only authorized users may make a reservation, which includes: Active Duty, Reservists, National Guard, Retirees, Dependents and DoD civilians of all ranks/grades.  The authorized user must be present and possess proper identification upon check in.

-Reservations may be made six months in advance for Active Duty and five months in advance for all authorized users listed above.

-All reservations must be reserved with a major credit card.


There is a 48 hour cancellation policy for all rental facilities, except The Lodge.

The Lodge has a two week cancellation policy.

You will be charged a one night fee, if you do not cancel on time.

Pet and Smoking Policy

Pets are welcome in some of our Rec Lodging Rentals, as long as they are not aggressive, are on a leash at all times, and are cleaned up after, with waste disposed of properly.  You are required to have the most recent rabies vaccination documentation with you while staying in our rentals.  We have a limited number of pet-friendly Cabins, for which we charge an additional pet cleaning fee of $25 per pet, per stay. There is limit of 2 pets per facility.

Pet Friendly Cabins: Hill Top Cabins (278 - 283).


There is a NO smoking policy in all of the recreational lodging facilities. Guests that smoke must be 50 feet away from all facilities.


Check-in: 3 p.m.

Check-out: 11 a.m.

Rec Lodging is operating with a contactless customer experience to protect the health and safety of all parties.

Keys will be provided via lock boxes that will be sanitized between each use.  All related documents will be sent electronically 2 days prior to key pickup.


Payment is due 2 days prior to check-in for all rentals except the Lodge.  Payment is due 2 weeks prior to check-in for the Lodge.

We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.  Payments are taken over the phone only.

Guest Access Requirements

The authorized ID card holder is responsible for their guests at all times.  

A completed Fort Walker Form 21 (Unescorted Access) must be submitted for any guest that is over the age of 18 that is nonmilitary or a non-DoD ID card holder. The form will be e-mailed to you as soon as you make a reservation. Listed below are the requirements requested on the form for nonmilitary or a non-DoD ID card holder:

  • Full Name
  • Gender
  • Race
  • Date of Birth
  • SSN
  • State License/ID, U.S. Passport or Resident Alien #

Form 21 Requests will be submitted to the Visitor Control Center (VCC) at least ten working days prior to the first date access is requested.

MWR Usage (FWVA) Form 21 Request for Unescorted Access (PDF)

Recreational Lodging Brochure

Fort Walker Recreational Lodging Brochure (PDF)